Combustion analysis is a powerful technique used to obtain the elemental composition of organic and inorganic materials. The testing labs associated with Infinita Lab provide the best routine and advanced Combustion analyses for our clients based in the USA and across the world.
Combustion analysis is a powerful technique used to obtain the elemental composition of organic and inorganic materials. The laboratory analyzers can provide highly sensitive and reliable carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and sulfur measurements. A known weight sample is burned in a high-temperature, high oxygen environment in the laboratory. The combustion gases obtained are filtered and purified. A sequence of absorption traps and infrared cells detect and quantify total as well as fractional elemental concentrations. Total organic carbon (TOC) and total inorganic carbon (TIC) are also measured after sample acidification. The operating temperature could be as high as 3000 °C and varies depending on the furnace used. The infrared cells are customized based on the type of analyzer. Combustion analysis done in testing labs can detect concentrations of C/S and O/N/H as low as 1 ppm. Combustion analysis is an extremely reliable technique for elemental analysis of solid samples, especially at low concentrations.
Laboratory experts at Infinita Lab assure the best regular product reliability testing to ensure your product performs as expected, reduces warranty costs, and provides satisfaction.
Combustion Analysis Common Uses
- Precise measurement of C/S/N/H/O concentrations in bulk, powders, granules, or other solid samples
- Test inhomogeneous samples
- Check carbon impurities in materials
- Fractional analysis
- Total organic and total inorganic carbon measurements (TOC and TIC)
- The total, free and bound carbon content for ceramics
- The surface carbon content of metals and alloys
- High sensitive and highly reliable test data
- Detection range 1pp to 100%
- Any solid sample type
- High sample weights up to several grams
- No sample preparation required
- Only solid sample analysis
- Limited to elemental analysis of C, O, H, N, S
Industries served in USA and around the world
- Environmental Science
- Building Materials