Waterproofness testing is a part of environmental testing performed to ensure a product is designed with ample water protection to withstand partial or complete exposure to conditions like humidity, rain, condensation, accidental submersion, etc. Consumer electronics, electronic and electrical components, packaging materials, building materials, cosmetics, and specialty fabrics are required to meet industry standard water resistance before they are marketed. Testing is typically performed to check for ingress protection, water-resistance against jets, drip, driving rain, continuous stream, immersion, etc. Each industry has a definitive testing standard and waterproofing ratings that products are required to comply with. When products are not adequately waterproof, they can result in complete product failure, corrosion, mold, loss in performance, electrical hazards, etc.
Looking for Product Testing?
- Ingress Protection(IP) testing of electronics and electronic components: International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) IP code rating IPXX.
- RTCA DO-160, Section 10- Immersion testing standard for airborne equipment
- ASTM C836, Standard Specification for High Solids Content, Cold Liquid-Applied Elastomeric Waterproofing Membrane for Use with Separate Wearing Course
- Waterproofness tests for fabrics and other industries
- EN 1847 for building products. Methods for exposure to liquid chemicals, including water
- Waterproofness testing for building materials for functionality, thickness, de-lamination/ adhesion, bubbling
- Medical Devices
- Electrical and electronic components and instrumentation
- Consumer electronics
- Specialty fabrics
- Membranes, coatings, films
- Construction and building materials
- Packaging materials
- Consumer Electronics
- Electrical and Electronic Components and sealed devices
- Clothing Industry
- Medical Devices
- Applied Technical Services (ATS)
- Element Material Technology
- EAG Laboratories
- National Technical Systems (NTS)
- Cincinnati Test Systems
- Keystone Compliance
See Best Product Testing Services
Humidity Testing is a suite of standardized environmental tests performed to evaluate the prolonged effect of humidity on a product or material.
Vibration testing is the process of evaluating the performance or degradation of a product, component, system, or structure when subjected to mechanical motion.
Accelerated aging is the expedited aging process of a product by subjecting it to aggravated operational and environmental conditions like temperature, pressure, humidity, light, vibration, etc.